Friday, January 16, 2015

Psst! The secret origin of The Secret Society of Like-Minded Individuals

Okay, I'm gonna' have to swear you all to secrecy. Trust me. You don't want Like-Minded Individuals, Incorporated coming after you. It won't be in your best interests.
 

I'll give you a minute to take the super secret oath, paper-cut your thumb, and dab the blood onto your screen, device, whatever.
 

Done? Let's do this...

What is Like-Minded Individuals Inc., you ask? They're the extremely hush-hush corporation at the center of my new thriller, The Secret Society of Like-Minded Individuals. It's complicated. Here...read the blurb.
 

Okay, are you back? Whew, that's a lot of info (and secrets) I divulged. I hope "LMI" isn't listening. They have eyes and ears everywhere. Turns out, um, they're not quite as fictional as I thought.

Still, here I am, risking it all to tell you where the idea came from...or, at least, where I thought it came from:


"The Husband Bench." 


Yep. That place where suffering men sit at malls and stores, waiting for their significant others to finish Epic Shopping. Some time ago, my wife
parked me amongst several other bored guys, told me it'd be just a minute. Well, it wasn't. But I started watching the men; men from all walks of life with nothing in common but sheer boredom. I began to wonder if some of them had other reasons for being there. Running with the idea, I thought the "husband bench" might be a particularly secretive, discreet, amusing, and unusual place for a clandestine meeting.

Now all I had to do was come up with a reason for the secret meeting. Hence, The Secret Society of Like-Minded Individuals was born.

Or so I thought. Now, someone's watching me. My cell-phone's tapped, my computer's being tracked, a dark Town car keeps following me. You're my only hope, dear reader...you must find out the truth from my book and expose the evil conspiracy. And why they're doing it! Before it's too late!


My life depends on your buying this book!

Ahem...

A dark suspense thriller with an unhealthy vein of humor coursing through its veins, TSSLMI is the first in a trilogy. A fictional trilogy...or is it? 

Available now for pre-order. The Kindle and print book launches February 3rd. 

4 comments:

  1. I've already pre-ordered. I love reading Stuart West novels. Gut wrenching laughs, and intrigue that keeps the pages turning and turning to the very end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thanks much, Suzanne. I enjoy your unicorn novels as well.

      Delete
  2. Love the write-up for your new thriller. Great cover. Best wishes.

    Also love the photo. My husband always sits on a bench as well when shopping with me, but he doesn't look so forlorn. He reads novels on his iPod and gets quite a bit of reading in. ;)

    Looking forward to reading your books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, the "husband bench" is like the third circle of hell. It's not a good place to be, sad souls bonding over apathy.

      Thanks for the kind words!

      Delete